Powers and Duties of the Department Officer
|SL.NO.||Name and Designation||Duties|
|A. PRINCIPLE DIRECTOR|
|1|| Dr. Sukhato A. Sema
|Head of Department, Addl.Food Safety Commiossioner, Overall in charge & other official works not assigned to any officers|
|1.||Mission Director, NHM (on deputation)|
|General Administration, Planning & Coordination, Confidential, Gazzetted Establishment, Non-Gazzetted Establishment, Dental Services, Drug Control Services, Nursing Services, Nagaland Medical Council Affairs, Transport, Accounts & Budget, Purchace, Store, Pension, Medical Treatment & M.R, Health Care Establishment, Department Assets, Legal Cell, RTI, NCD, NPCP, NCCP, NVBDCP, NLEP, TCCC, IDSP, AYUSH.|
|Family Welfare, Telemedicine, Nursing, IT, Engineering Cell, Supervision & Monitoring, Medical Education & Training, RCH, AYUSH, Family Planning, Nagaland Medical College Affairs, IEC, HMIS, ICMR, Statistics, UIP, PMTI, SPHL, NMHP, PPP, Disaster Management, NIDDCP, DDA, Disability & Rehabilation, Food Safety Cell, Telemedicine, I.T, Supervisory & Monitoring, RCH, Family Planning, IEC, HMIS, Statistics, UIP, NMHP, RNTCP, NIDDCP, Oral Health, DDA.|
|C. ADDITIONAL DIRECTORS|
|1.||Dr. Narola Ao||General Administration, Non-Gazzetted Establishment, Gazzetted Establishment, Store, IEC, Pension, Food Safety Cell, Department Assets|
|2.||Dr. Yankho||Nursing Services/ RTI (PIO), NMHP & State Mental Health Institute, Nagaland Medical Council Affairs, Disaster Management, Disability & Rehabilitation, AYUSH.|
|3.||Dr. John Sweyievisa||Planning & Coordination, Accounts & Budget, Purchase, Health Care Establishment Act, PPP, Dte. Sanitation.|
|4.||Dr. Nisietsolie (Dental)||Dental Service, Medical Treatment & Re-imbursement (N.O), Oral Health, HMIS Report & Return, Epidemiology & Health Intelligence Statistics, Hospital Empanelment.|
|5.||Dr. N Bendangyanger||Family Welfare, Medical Education & Training, Nagaland Medical College Affairs, I.T, Telemedicine, ICMR, PMTI, SPHL, Engineering Section, TCCC, NLEP, IDSP, Attendance of Directorate Staff.|
|6.||Dr. Meguosielie Kire||Project Director, NSACS (on deputation)|
|D. JOINT DIRECTORS|
|1.||Dr, Limaakum Jamir||S.P.O, NHM (on deputation)|
|2.||Dr. P.Tia Jamir||Jt. Director, NSACS (on deputation)|
|3.||Dr. Kevingulie Khro||Family Welfare(SPO)/ Family Planning, PNDT, Legal Cell, Health Care Establishment Act.|
|4.||Dr. Vizolie Suokhrie||Planning & Coordination, NCD (SPO), Nagaland Medical College Affairs, Matter relating to various Service Rules|
|5.||Dr. Kevichusa Medikhru||NVBDCP (SPO), IT, FSSA.|
|6.||Dr. Bendangmenla||RCH (SPO)|
|7.||Dr. K. Tsememo Lotha||RNTCP (SPO), Purchase.|
|8.||Dr. Thorhusie Katiry||General Administration, Gazzetted Establishment, Non-Gazzetted Establishment, Store, Transport, Telemedicine|
|9.||Dr. Visasieu Kire||UIP (SPO)|
|10.||Dr. Keneinguzo Dzuvichu||NCCP, Nursing Services.|
|11.||Dr. H. Hotokhu Chishi||Dental Services, Legal Cell, NTCP (SPO)|
|12.||Dr. Vibeituonuo Mepfuo||Jt. Director, NSACS (on deputation)|
|13.||Dr. Atoshe Sema||Addl. Project Director, NHP, World Bank (on deputation)|
|14.||Dr. Thanghoi Lam||NIDDCP (SPO), Medical Education & Training|
|E. DEPUTY DIRECTORS|
|1.||Dr. Khriezotuo Paphino||Dy. Director, NHM (on deputation)|
|2.||Dr. Ruokuobeinuo Chielie||Dy. Director, NSACS (on deputatioin)|
|3.||Dr. Obanjungla||Maternal Health, Neonatal Health (RCH) (Sec-2), MR Bills, FSSA.|
|4.||Dr. Keneiteiso Sorhie||DDO Accounts (Sec – 6), Transport (Sec-7)|
|5.||Dr. Vezokholu Theyo||Dy. Director, NSACS (on deputation)|
|6.||Dr. Tiasunep Pongener||IDSP (SPO) (Sect-10), Medical Education & Training, RRT, MR Bills.|
|7.||Dr. Puse Liegisie||Sr.Grade Specialist & RSO, Medical College Affairs, M.R Bills.|
|8.||Dr. Ahu Sekhose||NLEP (SPO) (Sec-16), Receipt & Issue/ (Sec-22), Office Staff Attendance, Nodal Officer to AG, MR Bills, Empanelment of HUs.|
|9.||Dr. Kikameren Longkumer||NUHM (N.O), Planning & Coordination (Sec-8), Health Care Establishment Acts, MR Bills.|
|10.||Dr. Khriesilie Sachu||ARSH, RBSK, SH (RCH) (Sec-16), MR Bills.|
|11.||Dr. Hentok Phom||Attached to Nagaland House, New Delhi.|
|12.||Dr. Liemnyei Konyak||NMHP (SPO) Sec-16, Medical Education & Training (Sec-5), Nagaland Medical College Affairs, MR Bills.|
|13.||Dr. Vethihule Vero||NVBDCP (Sec-16), MR Bills.|
|14.||Dr. Theyiepherezo||Dental Services (Sec-20), Nodal Officer to Secretariat, MR Bills.|
|15.||Dr. Joel Koza||Dy. Director, NHM (on deputation)|
|16.||Dr M.C Longai||Purchase & Stores, Hospital Diet & Washing (Sec-2), I,T, Telemedicine, MR Bills.|
|17.||Dr. Nyanthung Kikon||HMIS, HIB, Reports & Returns, M & E, Disaster Management (N.O), Disability & Rehabilitation (Sec-16), MR Bills, Empanelment of HUs.|
|18.||Dr. Akou Sorhie||Attached to Nagaland House Guwahati|
|F. ALLIED MEDICAL SERVICE|
|1.||Dr. Razoukhrieo Rio||M.O UIP, MR Bills.|
|2.||Dr. Thomas Keppen||Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, NHP (World Bank) (on deputation)|
|3.||Dr. John Kemp||SSO (IDSP), RRT, Transport, Health Care Establishment, Meshnet, MR Bills.|
|4.||Dr. S. John||M.O. AYUSH (attached)|
|5.||Dr. Sao Tunyi||Epidemiologist (NCD)|
|G. NURSING SERVICES|
|1.||Smti. C.H.Henia||Dy. Director, Nursing Services.|
|H. MEDICAL ENGINEERING WING|
|1.||Er. Fineson Pojar||E.E. Medical Wing, Directorate Sanitation.|
|2.||Er. Mathung||Assistant Engineer – I|
|3.||Er. Ketosu Soleho||Assistant Engineer – II|
|4.||Er. Myanro Ezung||Assistant Engineer – III|
|I. OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICERS|
|Neingusa Yhokha||Joint Director IEC|
|Smit Amenla Jamir||Sr. Accounts Officer|
|Lipoktemsu Noksang||Dy. Director IEC|
|Shri. W.H. Patton||Dy. Drug Controller|
|Shri. M.I. Yaden||Cold Chain Officer|
|Shri. Nokojungba||Research Officer, Planning & Coordination|
|Shri. Aseno Sale (Registrar)||Registrar/ Gen. Admin & Supervise works not allotted to any section|
|Smti Supongbenla Lemtor||HETO (IEC)|
|Shri. S. Lithungo||Asstt. Drug Controller|
|Shri. Tiatoshi Amer||Asst. Drug Controller|
|Shri Atu Longkumer||Sr. Entomologist (NVBDCP)|
|Smti. Nchumbeni Lotha||Statistical Officer (Economics & Statistics)|
|Shri Kevichol Sale||HEO (IEC)|
- Joint Director Nursing in consultation with the Seniors will assign responsibilities to the
Subordinate Officers under Nursing Cell with information to the Controlling Officers.
- Joint Director in charge Medical Education and Joint Director Nursing are to workout the
strategy for the Nursing Education for approval of the Authority.
- Training Section (In-Service) are to work out the Annual Training Calendar for the In-Service
Nursing personals in Consultation with the various Programmes Officers. The Annual Calendar
thus prepared be routed to the Authority for approval.
- Training calendar for the In-Service Ministerial staffs is to be work out by the section in
Consultation with the Registrar for approval by the Authority.
- The detailment of the Officers for any In-Service Training has to be chalked out in Consultation
with the General Administrative section of the Department so as to not hamper the normal functioning of the Office.
- Deputy Director IEC in Consultation with seniors will allocate assignment to the Subordinate
Officers under him with information to the Authority.
- Medical Education would include the following:
- Nursing Education for ANM, GNM, BSc Nursing, Post graduate study and research.
- All Para Medical courses including Pharmacist.
- MBBS,BDS,Ayush, B.Pharm,Diploma/Post Graduate studies and Research.
- Any other course pertaining to medicine within the preview of the Department
- All files should be routed through concerned Officer i.e. Dy. Director to Jt. Director to Addl. Director to Director and finally to Principal Director.
- All cases of transfer, posting and appointments irrespective of different Health Programmes under DHFW should be routed through General Establishment/ Administration for streamlining. All such orders should be under the name and signature of Head of Department and no SD/- of Principal Director should be practiced.
- All Accounts/Financial matters shall be routed through Sr. Accounts Officer.
- All funds should be routed through concerned Directors for approval of Principal Director and disbursed through D.D.O. to assigned Officers.
- All files pertaining to finance, Govt. policy, appointments, transfer and posting, legal and serious matters requires Principal Director Intervention and approval.
- No Order/Circulars/Notification shall be issued without authorization of the Principal Director and Directors and SD/- should not be used unless it is approved by Principal Director /Directors.
- All Health activities of the District Level are to be brought to the Notice of the Principal Director before it is issued/ circulated.
Statement of categories of documents that are held by it or under its control
|Sl||Name/Nature of category of document||Name of documents||Procedure to obtain document||Held by or under control of|
|1||Establishment||General administration, appointment, promotion, transfer & posting, confirmation of service of all non-gazetted staff, maintenance of personal files of all officers and staff||Registrar, Establishment and PIO||Registrar, Establishment|
|2||Planning||Preparation of annual and five year plan documents, preparation of agenda items for national, regional conference, CSS, NEC schemes and negotiated loans, Mid-term appraisal to planning department||Superintendent Planning and PIO||Superintendent Planning|
|3||Accounts||Bills & Cash, Budget estimates, revised estimate documents, GPF, TA and Tours, Medical Bills, Leave Encashment, Monthly Expenditure statements, reconciliation of expenditure, Audit and PAC correspondence||Superintendent Accounts and PIO||Superintendent Accounts|
|4||Health Programs||Files and records of program strategies and execution, annual action plans, logistics, monitoring & evaluation, public role in each program||Program Officers, Support staff and PIO||Program Officer and support staff|
|5||Transport||Files and records relating to purchase, maintenance and allotment of all vehicles||Superintendent Transport, support staff and PIO||Superintendent Transport and support staff|
|6||General purchase (CMS)||Files and records relating to purchase of medicines, nursing sundries, equipments, furniture||Registrar, DDO (CMS) support staff and PIO||Registrar and support staff|
|7||Statistics/Census||Records and date relating to disease prevalence, treatment||Asst. Director (Stat) and Support staff||Asst. Director (Stat) and support staff|
|8||Civil Works||Records relating to all construction works including minor repairs, orders, sanctions etc.||EE (Medical) Support staff||SDO/JE|
|9||Medical Education & Training||Records of Institutions, stipends, book grants, study leave and all kinds of training (Short and long outside the State)|
7.The particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by the members of the Public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof:
|Sl.No||Subject/Type||Is there a provision to ensure public participation (Yes/NO)||Arrangement for seeking public participation|
- A statement of the Boards, Councils, Committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advise and as to whether meeting of those Board, Council, Committee and other bodies are open to the public or the minutes of such meeting are accessible for public.
Under one to five (1-5), the public can gave advise and the minutes of the meeting are accessible for the public. Since the public are also the members of those Boards, Council & Committee. 6, 7 & 8 which are only for the Department of Health & Family Welfare.
- Nagaland state Population Council
- Nagaland State Homoeopathic Board
- Nagaland State Blood Transfusion Council
- Nagaland State Health Mission & Society
- Nagaland State AIDS Control Society
- State Medical Board.
- Purchase Board.
- Verification and delivery Board.