Naga Hospital Authority, Kohima (NHAK)
The Naga Hospital Authority, Kohima was established in 1905-06 as a 10 bedded dispensary. In due course, the dispensary was upgraded to the Kohima Civil Hospital with 60 beds. The Hospital was renamed as �NAGA HOSPITAL� reflecting the nature of the gift to the Nagas by his Majesty�s Government of India, headed in Delhi at the time by Lord Louis Mountbatten, the Last Governor General of India.
The Hospital was conferred autonomous Status by the Government of Nagaland through the Naga Hospital Authority Bill, 2003 and declared functional on 1st April 2004 with the aim to develop it into a centre of excellence for providing the best health care facility at an affordable rate to the people at their very own doorstep.
Since, then the Hospital has been functioning as a District Hospital, Autonomous multi-speciality hospital and as the State�s only referral Centre with a total bed strength of 300 with 22 specialities catering to a large number of cases from within and outside the state.
Another important milestone for the Hospital was the certification of International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2008 given by the Indian Register Quality System which was undertaken with technical support of NHSRC (National Health System Resource Centre) under NRHM. The ISO certificate was handed over to Shri Kuzholuzo Nienu, Hon�ble Minister of Health & FW by the NHSRC, at a ceremony held at the auditorium of NHAK on 15th February 2011. It is the first ever hospital in Nagaland to be certified and registered which makes NHAK the pioneer in setting quality standards to bring quality services to every individual in the healthcare industry in Nagaland by keeping patient satisfaction as its primary goal.