FOOD SAFETY AND STANDARD ACTS PROGRAMME
The Food Safety and Standard Act 2006, rules and regulations 2011 is being implemented in the State from 2012, with the following statutory authorities:-
- State level:
- Commissioner of Food Safety – 01
- Additional Food safety Commissioner – 01
- District level:
- Designated Officer(CMOs) – 11
- Adjudicating Officer(DM&SJ) – 11
- Food Safety Officer – 11
- State Public Health Laboratory:
- Food analyst – 01
- Chemist/ other technical personnel – 13
- Achievement made during 2014-15
- Food business unit licensed – 192
- Food business Unit registered – 1,673
- Number of samples collected/analysed – 78
- Number of samples found adulterated – 18
- Number of samples found sub-standard – 21
- Number of Food establishment inspected – 828
- Revenue earned – 17,69,400/-(as on 31-01-2016)
(a) Five day training programme was organised jointly by FSSAI and Directorate Food Safety Cell for Adjudication Offices (ADC.HQ) Designated Officers and Food Safety (CMOs) and Food Safety Officer at ATI. Kohima
(b) Three Food Safety Officers attended in orientation training on Food Safety at Guwahati.
(c) Three Lab. Technician attended Food Analysis training at central Food Lab. Kolkata.
(d) Food Safety Officers of Kohima, Dimapur and Mokokchung were deputed as resource persons on awareness programme on modernization of Meat Shops, organised by Industries and Commerce Department held on 17th, 20th & 24 June, 2014
- Other Activities:
(a) Inspections of Hotels/ Restaurants/ Bakeries/ Canteens/ Tea Stalls/ Street Food Vendor in all the district headquarters.
(b) Participated in Hornbill Festival at Kisama, 2015.
(c) Attended during VVIPs. Visit to Nagaland at Airport and VIPs Guest House as Food Tester.