Manpower: – The State Drugs Control Organization is headed by the Principal Director Health & Family Welfare Nagaland. It has 1(one) Deputy Drugs Controller, 3 (three) Assistant Drugs Controllers and 9 (nine) Drugs Inspectors.
For effective enforcement of the Drugs & Cosmetics Act 1940 and Rules 1945 and NDPS Act 1985 in the State of Nagaland, the whole State is divided into 3 (three) zones such as (1). Dimapur Zone (2).Wokha Zone and (3).Mokokchung Zone etc, each zone is being head by Assistant Drugs Controller.
- Drugs Samples:-During 2014, 215 Nos of Drugs Samples has been dispatched to the RDTL, Guwahati and CDL Kolkota and so far 180 Nos of Samples Test Report received and 5 Nos of samples declared sub-standard.
- New Drugs Licence issued during 2014:-
(i).Retail Pharmacy Licence :- 155 Nos.
(ii).Whole Sale Licence :- 24 Nos.
(iii).Restricted Licence :- 6 Nos.
(iv).Blood Bank Licence :- 1Nos.
- Renewal of Drugs Licence during 2014:-
(i).Drugs Licence :- 167 Nos.
(ii).Blood Bank Licence :- 4 Nos.
(iii).Restricted Licence :- 3 Nos.
- (A).Revenue collected during 2014:-
(i).New Drugs Licence :- 546,000.00/-
(ii).Renewal of Licence :- 532500.00/-
Total = 10,78500/-
(Rupees Ten Lakhs Seventy Eight Thousand, Five hundred) only.
Renewal of Licence during 2013 (for 2013-2017)
(a). Blood Bank – 2 (two) Nos. 2(two) under process.
(b). Whole Sale Licence – 34 Nos.
(C). Retail Sale Licence – 385 Nos.
(d). Ristricted Licence – 9 Nos.
(e). Ayush Licence – 1 No.
- (B).Whole Sale Pharmacy paid Sale Tax to State Government is approximately 1.5 Crores.