Contact us | Home
Nagaland Medical College Kohima
• To improve the shortage of doctors & to correct their skewed distribution, GOI initiated during the XIIth Plan, a CSS- Establishment of New medical Colleges attached with existing District/ Referral Hospitals having more than 200 beds strength at an estimated unit cost of Rs. 189.00 crores on a funding pattern of 90:10 Central and State Govts.
• NHAK is the only hospital fulfilling the above criteria, GoI identified NHAK for opening of a new Medical College vide letter No: D.O No: U.12012/46/2012-ME (P.II) Dt. 19th Feb 2014.
Achievements So Far
• NOC & Approval obtained from West Bengal Govt for procurement of 8 Cadavers & NOC for transportation of the same from Kolkata to Kohima .
• Draft Amendment of the Naga Hospital Autonomy Act under submission.
• Draft Medical College Service Rules under submission.
• Draft Anatomy Act for enactment under submission.
• Faculty in Critical Departments identified.
• University Affiliation obtained.
• Ongoing Construction of District Hospital Building under SPA 2006 to be use for the Medical College.
• Plinth Area: 63682 sqft (B: 16473, GF: 23984 & 1st F: 23225).
• Approved Cost of the Project: Rs. 28.48 crores (23.40 for Civil Works + 5.00 for Equipment).
• Total Fund Received: Rs. 21.46 crores
• Pending Balance to be release by Govt: Rs. 7.02 crore
• Additional 50 bedded (2nd Floor) @ Rs. 8.84 crores approved by HLTC and SLPIC. Sanction is awaited.
Tentative Academic Plan
• To start Academic Session by 2016-17.
• The above mentioned activities to be fulfilled by Dec 2015 for the MCI 2nd Visit expected during Nov-Dec 2015.
Website designed and maintained by the Department of Health & Family Welfare, Nagaland, Kohima-797001.